Saturday, July 26, 2014

Lolita 52 challenge, week 2

I'm not going in order on these, I'm just picking whichever sounds the most appealing. Today, I pick "Why I wear Lolita". Bare with me though, I'm still in the hospital.

I've always wanted to be pretty, but I've always liked to wear what I like to wear. In seventh grade, I had what I thought was a cute pair of sweat pants. They had a little heart on one side with a Dalmatian on it. I loved them to bits and I'd wear them often. I thought I pulled them off well with cute tee shirts. I was happy with my fashion.

However, the other girls in my grade disliked how comfortable with myself I was. They ridiculed me, my sweat pants, and my waist length hair. That was the last year I went to school and it took years to get over it.

During my homeschool years, I started studying Japan, and I came across Lolita. I tried it out because at the time it was the popular thing with my online friends. Because of my new interest, I learned to sew, I learned to design, I learned to draft patterns, read metric, and even speak and read some Japanese. All this led to regaining my self confidence, and even becoming a more vibrant person. I wear Lolita now because I've developed a personal style that brings out my natural beauty, and shows the world that I'm not afraid to be myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment