Monday, February 17, 2014

I'm terrible, I know.

But I made chocolate covered bacon! Yes, those things go together. Quite well, too.
My mother and I threw a chocolate party this week. Specifically, we threw a chocolate party to demonstrate some of the ways to use DoTerra essential oils. We made cake, brownies, fondue, the bacon, and our becoming-famous bean truffles.
Yes, beans.
It sounds weird, but it actually makes the truffle less choking-on-sugar sweet, adds a smoother texture, is lower in fat, and is easier to flavor. We thought up the idea when my mom was asked to teach a class on using and storing beans a few years back. They've been popular in our area since. We flavor them with oils like cinnamon, peppermint, orange, or lemon. I like the peppermint best, but I'm dying to try making them with spearmint. It takes at least a whole day to make one batch though, so we try to save them for special occasions.
I did think about holding a tea party for the Corpus Christi Lolita Group and making some then, but I'm not sure when I'd do that. Or if anyone would come. We had a big turn out for our business event, but none of my friends came. Oh well, maybe next time.
For pictures, visit my mom over at http://mtoils.blogspot.com
Au Revoir <3

1 comment:

  1. Bonsoir mademoiselle Anna Marie Velvet,
    I have never given thoughts to using oils in chocolate. Such a delicious idea. Though I admit chocolate is not my area of skill in the kitchen. I am not surprised by the use of beans. I adore sweetened red bean paste. (adzuki) I will have to put bean truffles on my list of things to taste.

    ReplyDelete